Dr. Wistar Hamilton, Jr., came to the pastorate of the church in October, 1946 serving until May 15, 1953. During Dr. Hamilton’s ministry, a parsonage was constructed at 209 College Avenue, Washington Park. Also, during his ministry more than 300 members were added to the church, increasing the membership to 695, which greatly strengthened the work of the church in general and lay the groundwork for a building program for a new educational building.The Rev. Earle J. Rogers came from Wendell, North Carolina to the pastorate of the church on September 29, 1953. During his ministry, ground was broken January 9, 1955, for an educational building. The huge brick building, at a cost of $67,000, was designed with 26 classrooms over two floors and a spacious, open basement. Joined to the 1917 building on the north side, the educational building was occupied Sunday May 13,1956, with a record Sunday School attendance of 406. That record, made in the middle of the “baby boom” resulting from the end of World War II, stands unbroken. The cornerstone was laid September 16, 1956 by church member N. L. Miller who had laid the bricks for the 1917 building.